Saturday, June 11, 2011

Art Walk










My first event. I was assigned to go to the Art Walk that takes place in the Design District ever month. For this event unfortunately I wasn't given much guidance or accompanied by anyone so I took it upon myself to take pictures of what I thought would be good. The pictures turned out good, the web editor gave me good feedback about the style of photography. Unfortunately I got in trouble regardless if they liked my pictures since I didn't understood that the pictures had to be turned in the day after the event. Also everything I was assigned was through email and when they sent me the emails apparently I didn't read them carefully enough to see that they told me to go to a specific gallery. For this reasons I was in trouble once again since I didn't take pictures of what I was originally assigned so my pictures weren't published on the website. When I sat down to talk to my "boss" about the event and the misunderstanding I was told that if it happened again I would be let go and if I was a professional photographer that I would never be hired again because I was late to turn the pictures in and I showed up to the wrong place. Regardless of the misunderstanding I tried to keep my head up and not let that get me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment